Breaking News... Connect Three has achieved our Good Business Charter accreditation! The GBC is an initiative that promotes the importance of responsible business practices, measuring businesses against ten components including real living wage, fairer hours and contracts, employee well-being and environmental responsibility. By recognising businesses that meet their high standards, the Good Business Charter aims to inspire other organisations to follow suit.
The GBC consists of 10 components:
- We are a Living Wage Employer who pays directly employed staff and regular contracted staff the regular living wage.
- We commit to a fair approach to zero or minimal hours contract including giving at least two weeks’ notice for scheduling shifts and still paying shifts cancelled at less than two weeks’ notice. We commit to give proper consideration to providing contracts with guaranteed hours. Both of the above necessary unless requested otherwise by the employee of their own free will.
- We will have clear, fair and transparent policies that support and encourage employee well-being and ban unreasonable penalties for legitimate sickness.
- We will engage with worker representatives and ensure there is a voice that represents employees around the boardroom table.
- We will commit time and money to creating an inclusive workplace. We will monitor the diversity of our workforce, commit to close the gender, disability and ethnicity pay gaps and narrow the CEO/worker pay gap.
- We care about the environment and have an environmental policy which demonstrates the ways in which we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance.
- We commit to pay our taxes, not engage in tax avoidance and be transparent in our relationship with HMRC.
- We recognise our commitment to our customers. We publish this commitment on our website and gather and monitor customer feedback, reporting to the board and addressing concerns.
- We commit to the standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant to our organisation.
- We are signatories of the government’s Prompt Payment Code.
For more details for each of these components and to find out more about the GBC visit: www.goodbusinesscharter.com