You can't miss his happy smiling face on Connect Three social media, and with such a huge range of leaders and future leaders trained and coached by him, a lot of you will already have spoken with David - but how well do you know him? Next up in our Connection series, is David Garrick
- Good morning David - let's start with an easy one, what's your role at Connect Three and what do you do?
I'm an independent consultant and mostly get involved with Leadership and Management Development, Organisation Development and 1:1 coaching.
- Great, thanks! So what has been your favourite moment in Connect Three so far?
There have honestly been loads, but I've been involved in developing a lot of fairly new Managers from diverse backgrounds and some of their stories of how they've applied what they've learned, may have caused my chest to puff up on occasion!
- And so it should, I've read those testimonials! A little off track now, but what three things would you take with you on a desert island?
I feel like we’ve all had a taste of that recently and I STILL haven’t picked up a guitar (as I would have hoped), so 1) Some way of listening to music 2) A digital camera with loads of memory and solar battery thing 3) A telescope.
- Oh, I like your thinking! Back to business, which leader would you like to have a cup of tea with?
It would need to be someone from the Hospitality industry I think – there's few places to hide as a leader if you're running a restaurant. Let's go for Thomasina Miers who founded the Wahaca chain (I love Mexican food!)
- That's a great choice. OK, finally, if you could only give one piece of advice to the leaders and future leaders reading this, what would it be?
Seek to actively understand both your strengths and your weaknesses, then work with people who are different and will challenge your thinking.
Love it love it love it - thank you David! Always a pleasure getting to know you a little better. Look out for our next 'Connect with' interview in a few weeks time.